Safe-T-Plus Steering Control

Wednesday, 23 May

Before we took off on our spring trip in the Phaeton, Mui took it to Johnson Truck Center for its annual service.  While he was getting that done, he asked them to install the Safe-T-Plus Steering Control thing-a-ma-jiy as well.  (Yeah, I know; that last part is a very technical description.)

This device is intended to make the coach more stable as we’re driving down the road; lessen the effects of things like severe side winds and passing tractor-trailers.  Mui says there’s a huge difference in the before-and-after driving experience and is very pleased.  I can only speak from a passenger’s perspective — there’s definitely less sway (shimmy, shiver, jig or however you describe it) when the semis whiz by us at 70+ mph.  That’s a good thing :-)

I’m afraid I’m limited with photos on this Phaeton mod as we were not present during the installation, but fear not …

Who is that person and what is she doing under the Phaeton?
No worries; I haven’t taken to doing repairs yet; just taking a photo of the Safe-T-Plus.

For those interested, the specific model that we had installed is the 41-230, designed to be used on a Class A motorhome with a solid I-Beam style axle.

6 comments:

  1. Kool!
    Will forward on to Driver. THX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy has that installed on her. She had it when we bought her so we don't have a comparison but the previous owner told us the difference was night and day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thing a ma jig..is money well spent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For gas and diesels? Sounds like something I would really like. Have to look into it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eldy would like to have this...along with a new braking system, the Silverleaf monitoring system....Sigh!

    ReplyDelete